Saturday, September 13, 2008

Red Velvet Cupcakes!

My aunt hosted an end of the summer cookout for the family , and I always feel challenged to try new recipes. Its my not so secret goal to impress them each time. I also try and compete with my mom who is an amazing baker! So I attempted to make Red Velvet cupcakes seen on the firefly pie blog. I followed the recipe to a T. My only regret was using silicon bakewear for the first time. It was awful. I won't ever use it again. I am not so handy with the piping , actually its the first time I really used it .I think I did a pretty fantastic job . Before I frosted the cupcakes I piped some of the frosting into each one so when you bite into it there is a little surprise!
I think they were awesome. I would definitely make them again. I had a lot of frosting left over so I think I would use a different (bigger) tip with the piping bag. Overall, if there was a contest .. I think my mom would have won... She is my mom afterall :)

2 comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

wow these look awesome. i have never had red velvet cupcakes, but I hope to soon haha

Anonymous said...

These red velvets look delicious, make me want to have some too since I haven't had them for a long time...