Monday, December 8, 2008

New York City


Yesterday TM ( this is what I've decided to call the husband from now on. TM is his job in the Navy) and I ventured to NYC (for my first time). We stayed mostly around Times Square and Rockefeller Center . The tree is AMAZING. and the ice rink is everything you'd think it would be. I really really wanted to head to the Food Network Studios,
but alas there was no time.

I did however make it to Magnolia Bakery (yum) where I had a red velvet cupcake , and brought home the Hummingbird Cupcake(banana and pineapple with butter cream frosting and pecans on top) TM got a Peanut Butter Toffee Blondie.

We also headed to the Hershey's Store in Times Square, and got some really neat stuff that I haven't seen in any stores here .We saw Pumpkin Hershey Kisses,and I got some really great(at least I hope ) baking chocolate, and some extra dark organic chocolate to try!


Sadly I did not try any fantastic New York restaurant. TM wanted to go to Hard Rock. I know there are TONS of better places to eat than Hard Rock , but I had to make him happy too!!

I'm trying to find my niche in this blogging world .So in addition to Tuesday's With Dorie( which I will be posting about NEXT Tuesday) I'm not terribly sure what to post.Mostly my thoughts are scattered. Please forgive me if my bloggings are few and far between. I am trying my hardest to find content and to be creative.

1 comment:

B said...

Having a Magnolia Cupcake is all that matters!!! They are the best. I try not to like them because they are so "trendy" but out of all the hype of new cupcake stores they truly are the yummiest!!! I go out of my way to "be in the neighborhood" of the bakery. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the city. It really is magical here this time of year.