My Husband is in the Navy, he currently works in an office with about 10 guys , about a year and a half ago they had a potluck , where I was volunteered to make chicken wings. * side note * I find it humorous that all the guys got to eat the food but none of them prepared it * end side note* I didn't want to make hot wings , I am not a big fan. I searched for something that I could make extra of and take some for myself, after all I was making them. I settled on Cola Wings , they sounded yummy, and I am 100% faithful to Coke products. These wings were SUCH a hit that I was required to make them on average every other month for the last year and a half. One of the guys TM works with was sent IA to Iraq a few weeks ago , for his going away gift I made him 10lbs of wings.
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips discarded
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Place chicken wings in a shallow casserole dish. Season with garlic salt and onion salt. Mix cola, sugar, and soy sauce; pour mixture over chicken wings.
- Bake, covered, at 325 degrees F for 2 hours. Turn wings over every 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 1 hour. Turn wings every 30 minutes or so.
Stove top Directions
I also made them on the stove the other night , much faster , less quantity
1.5 lbs Chicken wings , tips discarded
3/4 of a can of cola ( i prefer coke)
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
coat wings in onion salt and garlic salt . Coat wings in olive oil and brown in pan over medium high heat. Add cola, brown sugar and soy sauce to pan. Cover for 20 minutes. Uncover for the remaining 20 minutes .
Eat and Enjoy!!